Ise Mizu Donabe Konro Grill Size 10 (2-4 People) Khaki - Made in Japan
The donabe konro grill is a combination of a Japanese clay pot and insulated material that allows for a Japanese barbeque/BBQ in a small open space.
Simply place clean water in the bottom of the main unit and then use a trivet for Japanese binchotan (white charcoal). Place the mesh on top. This combination allows the slow and even release of heat.
The product includes a wooden base, the donabe (main body), a trivet and a 29cm reusable round mesh.Specifications:
|Diameter||About 29cm (size 10)|
|Height||About 10.6cm / 14cm with trivet|
|Serving Size||2-4 persons|
|Country of Origin||Japan|
How to use a donabe konro grill/hibachi grill?
- Place the main body of the stove on the base and add water (about 2cm deep).
- Add charcoal to the trivet and place it on a portable gas stove outdoors to make sure it is sufficiently lit.
- When the charcoal burns, place the trivet on top of the main unit and then cover the donabe with the 19cm reusable round metal mesh.
Use and Care:
- Use the grill outdoors in well-ventilated areas to avoid potential carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Place a heat resistant mat under the grill to avoid heating the surface underneath.
- Do not extinguish the fire with water.
- When you are finished using the grill, wait for the coals to burn out completely.
- Users may simply place the binchotan white charcoal into a Japanese Charcoal Extinguishing Pot. The is a great pot to allow us to reuse binchotan. Simply place the binchotan white charcoal into the pot and covered with lid. The charcoal would extinguish because of lack of oxegen.
- Let the donabe grill cool down, and then wash it with warm water. Do not submerse the grill in water.
- Do not wash the trivet with water. You may gently remove the ash and food residue with a sponge or brush, but avoid washing the trivet with water.
*Please be sure to read the entire instruction manual before the first use. The product comes with a QR Code for our online user guide in English.