Ise Mizu Donabe Konro Grill Size 10 (4-5 People) - Made in Japan
**Pre-order item. Available in mid-September.
The Donabe Konro Grill is a combination of a Japanese clay pot and insulated material that allows for a Japanese barbecue in a small open space.
Simply place clean water in the bottom of the main unit and then use a trivet for Japanese binchotan (white charcoal). Place the mesh on top. This combination allows the slow and even release of heat.
The product includes a wooden base, the donabe (main body), a trivet and a reusable round mesh. You can buy a spare 29cm reusable round mesh on our website.Specifications:
|Diameter||About 29cm (size 10)|
|Height||About 10.6cm / 14cm with trivet|
|Serving Size||4-5 persons|
|Country of Origin||Japan|
How to use a Donabe Konro Grill?
- Place the main body of the stove on the base and add water (about 2cm deep).
- Add charcoal to the trivet and place it on a portable gas stove outdoors to make sure it is sufficiently lit.
- When the charcoal burns, place the trivet on top of the main unit and then cover the donabe with the 19cm reusable round metal mesh.
Use and Care:
- Use the grill outdoors in well-ventilated areas to avoid potential carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Place a heat resistant mat under the grill to avoid heating the surface underneath.
- Do not extinguish the fire with water. Diatom mud absorbs water, and as a result, it becomes brittle and loses its durability.
- You may gently remove the ash and food residue, but avoid washing the grill with water.
Users may simply place the binchotan white charcoal into an Donabe Charcoal Extinguishing Pot. The is a great pot to allow us to reuse binchotan and also very convinient when konro grill disallow use of water.
*Please be sure to read the entire instruction manual before the first use. The product comes with a QR Code for our online user guide in English.