Sakai Takayuki Hammered VG10 KUROGAGE Japanese Chef Knife 170mm
VG10 refers to the best cutlery-grade stainless steel made in Japan. Kurogaze is a natural resin coating added to VG10 to achieve an extremely smooth blade.
The Japanese brand handcrafts each knife to ensure the sharpness. The handles are made of Octagonal Wenge Wood and buffalo horn ferrule.
- Model: 07492
- Blade: Hammered stainless steel with VG10 core. Coated with Kurogage natural resin
- Handle: Octagonal Wenge Wood and Buffalo Horn Ferrule
- Product type: Santoku Knife
- Country of origin: Japan
- Total length: 179mm / 315mm with blade
- Item weight (approx): 135g
- Blade thickness: 2mm
*Please note that the buffalo horn used in the handle is a byproduct. No wild animals are harmed.