Takumi Carbon Steel Frypan 20cm - Made in Japan
Takumi 匠 represents the highest quality carbon steel technology and inherits with hundreds of years of tradition. This is one of the best carbon steel brand in Japanese history.
The newly applied "magma plate" ensures iron purity up to 98.8% for excellent heat conductivity and durability. It takes 39 seconds to reach a temperature of 200 degrees, good for fast cooking and keeping nutrients in food intact.
|Length with handle||365mm|
Magma plate (98.8% high iron purity) with food-grade
|Handle||Natural wood (beech)|
|Country of manufacture||Japan|
|Item weight (approx)||0.9kg|
|Hobs compatibility||Induction, gas, electric and ceramic|
||English and Japanese
Japanese carbon steel uses special heat-treated metal to create the ultimate frying pan series. The layers of iron nitride and iron oxide on the frying pan’s surface make it highly resistant to rust and incredibly strong and durable.
- Heat-treated pan which is high durable
- Pour spout for easy draining
- Nitriding Processing
Before first use... “Oil Seasoning”
- First, wash the frying pan/wok’s inner and outer surface with dish soap. Once you have seasoned the inner surface with oil, you can use it right away.
- Pour in enough oil to fill about 1/3 of your frying pan’s capacity and heat it on low for about 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and return it to an oil pot or other suitable container.
- Use oil basting set or paper towels to spread the remaining oil fully around the pan's inner surface.
- Carbon steel frying pans and woks are not storage containers. When finished cooking, put any leftovers in an appropriate container.
- Use a scrub sponge to wash it with warm water. Do not wash it in the dishwasher.
- When done, rinse the pan off and wipe it dry.
- Season it with a tablespoon of oil before storing it.
Use & Care
- Please note that the product has a food-grade silicone layer on top of carbon steel. Avoid hard scratches. Oil seasoning is a must or the cookware will rust.
- If the cookware surface is burned, do not scratch it. Adding hot water and bringing it to a boil will soften the burned food and make it easier to remove. Then use a scrubbing brush to remove any final remnants.
- If the silicone coating peels off, season it. Once you put the wok into use, the carbon steel will expand and absorb the cooking oil. In a few months, the colour of the wok will gradually turn to black with oxidised protective layers covering the entire wok.
Please be sure to read the entire instruction manual before the first use. The product comes with a QR Code for our online user guide in English.