Takumi Carbon Steel Omelette Pan 18cm - Made in Japan
Takumi is a reputable brand locally in Japan. It uses heat-treated metal which is not nitrided. The price is generally lower for woks without nitriding, so it is an affordable option for good cookware.
Takumi uses a magma plate with 98.8% iron purity, which provides excellent heat conduction and durability.
- We have a complete collection of Japanese carbon steel woks and frypans. Questions about many types and brands? Read the introductory article written by our product specialist.
|Length||180mm / 355mm with handle|
|Height||36mm / 64mm with handle|
|Body material||Magma plate (98.8% high iron purity) with food-grade
|Handle||Natural wood (beech)|
|Country of manufacture||Japan|
|Item weight (approx)||0.62kg|
|Hobs compatibility||Induction, gas, electric and ceramic|
||English and Japanese
Tatumi is the only series of woks/frypans on our website without nitriding. In the absence of nitriding, a layer of silicone is needed to prevent rusting after manufacturing. This layer will wash away after the first wash. It is then necessary to season the wok with oil.
Click here to learn more about the characteristics of Japanese carbon steel woks/frypans.
Before first use: oil seasoning
- First, wash the frying pan/wok’s inner and outer surface with dish soap. Once you have seasoned the inner surface with oil, you can use it right away.
- Pour in enough oil to fill about 1/3 of your frying pan’s capacity and heat it on low for about 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and return it to an oil pot or other suitable container.
- Use oil basting set or paper towels to spread the remaining oil fully around the pan's inner surface.
- Carbon steel frying pans and woks are not storage containers. When finished cooking, put any leftovers in an appropriate container.
- Use a scrub sponge to wash it with warm water. Do not wash it in the dishwasher.
- When done, rinse the pan off and wipe it dry.
- Season it with a tablespoon of oil before storing it.
Maintaining a carbon steel wok/frypan without nitriding
- Please note that the product has a food-grade silicone layer on top of carbon steel. The layer will wash away after the first wash. Oil seasoning is a must or the cookware will rust.
- If the cookware surface is burned, do not scratch it. Adding hot water and bringing it to a boil will soften the burned food and make it easier to remove. Then use a scrubbing brush to remove any final remnants.
- If the protective oil layer peels off, season it. Once you put the wok into use, the carbon steel will expand and absorb the cooking oil. In a few months, the colour of the wok will gradually turn to black with oxidised protective layers covering the entire wok.
Please be sure to read the entire instruction manual before the first use. The product comes with a QR Code for our online user guide in English.