Takumi Carbon Steel Tempura Pot 24cm - Made in Japan
Takumi 匠 represents the highest quality carbon steel technology and inherits with hundreds of years of tradition. This is one of the best carbon steel brand in Japanese history.
The newly applied "magma plate" ensures iron purity up to 98.8% for excellent heat conductivity and durability. It takes 39 seconds to reach a temperature of 200 degrees, good for fast cooking and keeping nutrients in food intact.
|Top diameter||241mm (with pouring rim)|
|Bottom diameter||108mm (flat bottom)|
|Length with handle||324mm|
|Body material||Magma plate (98.8% high iron purity)
|Handle||Natural wood (beech)|
|Country of manufacture||Japan|
|Item weight (approx)||1.22kg|
|Hobs compatibility||Induction, gas, electric and ceramic|
||English and Japanese
Japanese carbon steel uses special heat-treated metal to create the ultimate frying pan series. The layers of iron nitride and iron oxide on the frying pan’s surface make it highly resistant to rust and incredibly strong and durable.
- Heat-treated pan which is high durable
- Pour spout for easy draining
Before first use... “Oil Seasoning”
- First, wash the frying pan/wok’s inner and outer surface with dish soap. Once you have seasoned the inner surface with oil, you can use it right away.
- Pour in enough oil to fill about 1/3 of your frying pan’s capacity and heat it on low for about 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and return it to its oil pot or other suitable container.
- Use paper towels to spread the remaining oil fully around the pan's inner surface.
- Carbon steel frying pans and woks are not storage containers. When finished cooking, put any leftovers in an appropriate container.
- Use a scrub sponge to wash it with warm water. Do not wash it in the dishwasher.
- When done, rinse the pan off and wipe it dry.
- Season it with a tablespoon of oil before storing it.
Please be sure to read the entire instruction manual before the first use. The product comes with a user guide in English.