Tsubame Hammered Style 33cm Carbon Steel Wok with Two Handles - Made in Japan
The Tsubame-Sanjo area is a well-known metalworking area in Niigata, located in the north of Japan. With the skills of traditional craftsmen inherited from the city, they are able to produce high-quality carbon steel cookware. The hammered style (岩刃) series is one of the great works.
The Yoshikawa lids are not suitable with hammered style since they have a slightly different diameter.
We have a complete collection of Japanese carbon steel woks and frypans.
|Top diameter||About 333mm (pouring rims on both sides)|
||133mm (flat bottom)|
|Length (including handle)||570mm|
Carbon steel (heat treated)
|Handle||Natural wood (urethane coated)|
|Country of manufacture||Japan|
|Item weight (approx)||1450g|
|Hobs compatibility||Induction, gas, electric and ceramic|
|Instruction||English and Japanese|
|Country of origin||Japan|
Japanese carbon steel is made with specially heat treated metal to create a cooking surface that is ready-to-use. Once the wok is seasoned for five minutes, it can be used right away. The nitriding process makes the cookware highly resistant to rust and extremely durable.
The Japanese carbon steel wok is lightweight, strong and durable. The made-in-Japan quality and the long tradition of making carbon steel wok give customers confidence that the cookware is durable and safe.
Before first use: oil seasoning
- First, wash the frying pan/wok’s inner and outer surface with dish soap. Once you have seasoned the inner surface with oil, you can use it right away.
- Pour in enough oil to fill about 1/3 of your frying pan’s capacity and heat it on low for about 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and return it to an oil pot or other suitable container.
- Use oil basting set or paper towels to spread the remaining oil fully around the pan's inner surface.
- Carbon steel frying pans and woks are not storage containers. When finished cooking, put any leftovers in an appropriate container.
- Use a scrub sponge to wash it with warm water. Do not wash it in the dishwasher.
- When done, rinse the pan off and wipe it dry.
- Season it with a tablespoon of oil before storing it.
Please be sure to read the entire instruction manual before the first use. The product comes with a QR Code for our online user guide in English.
COPYRIGHT WARNING: Content theft of any kind is immediately reported to Google, which results in ranking penalties. Original texts can be verified in Internet archives. My Cookware Australia® holds the copyrights for all the content on this site, including articles, product descriptions, and user guides.