Ise Mizu Donabe Konro Grill Size 7 (2-3 People) Brown - Made in Japan
Ise Mizu Donabe Konro Grill / Hibachi Grill Size 7 - Brown (2-3 People)
The donabe konro grill is a combination of a Japanese clay pot and insulated material that allows for a Japanese barbeque / BBQ in a small open space. The size 7 in brown colour is a popular model for 2 to 3 people.
A konro grill is always called a hibachi grill in Australia.
Japanese Grills: Collection, Insights, and Shipping
Simply place clean water in the bottom of the main unit and then use a trivet for Japanese binchotan (white charcoal). Place the mesh on top. This combination allows the slow and even release of heat.
The product includes a wooden base, the donabe (main body), a trivet and a 19cm reusable round mesh. Using the trivet for a period of time will eventually cause it to crack. Replacement trivets are available. Replace it once it cracks.
|Diameter||About 20cm (size 7)|
|Height||About 8.0cm / 9.5cm with trivet|
|Serving Size||2-3 persons|
||Main body: Japanese clay
Trivet: diatom mud
Mesh: steel (nikel chrome plated)
|Country of Origin||Body, trivet and base: Japan
What Made Okunoto Konro Grills / Hibachi Grills So Special?
- Okunoto konro grills are frequently seen in cooking competitions. Popular in Japanese barbeque restaurants.
- Uses diatom mud from the Noto Peninsula in Ishikawa Prefecture.
- Diatom mud is an excellent heat insulator. Walls of the grill are over 5cm thick.
- When used with binchotan, the heat is high, consistent, and concentrated. Provides an exceptional barbeque experience.
- Suitable for grilling wagyu, yakitori, fish, vegetables, and various barbeque recipes.
Shipping with Care
- Origin: All products shipped from our Sydney shop.
- Speed: Orders dispatched next working day.
- Carrier: Australia Post or Courier Please available at checkout.
- Packing Care: Fragile items packed securely. Learn how we ensure your items' safety. Shipping damage covered for all orders.
- Note: We are unable to ship this item to New Zealand due to its fragility.
Use and Maintenance
- Avoid carbon monoxide poisoning. Always grill outdoors in well-ventilated areas.
- Take proper care to extinguish the fire. Do not use water. If water is absorbed, diatom mud becomes brittle. It will also lose its durability.
- When cleaning the grill, do not use water. Instead, gently remove the ash and food residue.
Please be sure to read the entire instruction manual before the first use. The product comes with a QR Code for our online user guide in English.
DISCLAIMER: Charcoal is a natural product that demands careful handling both during use and storage. It is especially crucial to be cautious while lighting it, as sparks may fly. Keep the product away from children.
COPYRIGHT WARNING: Content theft of any kind is immediately reported to Google, which results in ranking penalties. Original texts can be verified in internet archives. My Cookware Australia® holds the copyrights for all the content on this site, including articles, product descriptions, and user guides.