Kamejima Mikawa Portable Konro Grill - 25cm (2-3 People)
Kamejima Mikawa Portable Konro Grill / Hibachi Grill - 25cm (2-3 People)
The Mikawa Kamejima konro grill is a more affordable version of the Okunoto konro grill. The portable model is perfect for barbecuing outdoors with a few friends.
A konro grill is always called a hibachi grill in Australia.
Japanese Grills: Collection, Insights, and Shipping
The grill is also made of diatom mud, a great insulators for barbeque/BBQ grills. Many affordable versions of the Japanese konro grill are made of ceramic instead of diatom mud, which is a very important part of what makes the Japanese konro grill so unique.
A grill of this size may require 1kg of binchotan Japanese charcoal per barbeque. You can expect to see some cosmetic imperfections such as chips inside the grill, but this will not affect how the grill functions.
These products have general cosmetic imperfections in the diatom mud interiors.
|Dimension||Diameter 22.2cm, height 16.8cm (with stand)|
||1 disposable round mesh (29cm) included.
You can buy spare disposable or reusable meshes on our website.
|Serving size||2-3 persons|
||Exterior: stainless steel
Interior: diatom mud
Mesh: steel wire (unichrome plated)
|Country of origin||Grill made in Japan
Mesh made in China
What Made Okunoto Konro Grills / Hibachi Grills So Special?
- Okunoto konro grills are frequently seen in cooking competitions. Popular in Japanese barbeque restaurants.
- Uses diatom mud from the Noto Peninsula in Ishikawa Prefecture.
- Diatom mud is an excellent heat insulator. Walls of the grill are over 5cm thick.
- When used with binchotan, the heat is high, consistent, and concentrated. Provides an exceptional barbeque experience.
- Suitable for grilling wagyu, yakitori, fish, vegetables, and various barbeque recipes.
Shipping with Care
- Origin: All products shipped from our Sydney shop.
- Speed: Orders dispatched next working day.
- Carrier: Australia Post or Courier Please available at checkout.
- Packing Care: Fragile items packed securely. Learn how we ensure your items' safety. Shipping damage covered for all orders.
- Note: We are unable to ship this item to New Zealand due to its fragility.
Use and Maintenance
- Avoid carbon monoxide poisoning. Always grill outdoors in well-ventilated areas.
- Take proper care to extinguish the fire. Do not use water. If water is absorbed, diatom mud becomes brittle. It will also lose its durability.
- When cleaning the grill, do not use water. Instead, gently remove the ash and food residue.
Please be sure to read the entire instruction manual before the first use. The product comes with a QR Code for our online user guide in English.
DISCLAIMER: Charcoal is a natural product that demands careful handling both during use and storage. It is especially crucial to be cautious while lighting it, as sparks may fly. Keep the product away from children.
COPYRIGHT WARNING: Content theft of any kind is immediately reported to Google, which results in ranking penalties. Original texts can be verified in internet archives. My Cookware Australia® holds the copyrights for all the content on this site, including articles, product descriptions, and user guides.