If you read comments posted about Cookcell woks/pans, you will find that some customers praise its non-stick and non-scratch performance, while others experience the frustration of foods sticking, like a simple fried egg. Why?
Understand Cookcell's stainless steel structure
It is because users need to understand the nature of a stainless steel wok/frypan: it requires proper heat to perform well. Is Cookcell a stainless steel wok/frypan? Yes, definitely!
Cookcell uses a patented honeycomb structure to protect its non-stick layers. The stainless steel structure is thick, so you need to let the wok/frypan heat up properly before cooking anything.
Cooking 101: proper heating
For experienced stainless steel users, the following information will be like Cooking 101. For new users, you will find the attached video and the detailed steps below helpful.
Preheating and the use of oil is important because there is a thick layer of stainless steel to protect the non-stick layer. Please cook on medium heat all times or until you feel the surface is reasonably hot enough for cooking.
Please note these steps and refer to the video below:
- Add some oil first, and then preheat the wok/frypan for 30-60 seconds.
- Preheat for a longer time if you are using a cooktop with less efficient heat, such as a ceramic cooktop. The main point is that you must determine that the surface is reasonably hot enough for cooking.
- In the video, we preheated the wok for about 1 minute on medium heat. The heat level is 7, if 10 is the maximum.
- Remember a reasonably heated pan and heated oil (not overheating) are key.
- These key steps are not just for Cookcell, but also for most of the other the cookware, including Happycall non-stick woks/pans and Japanese carbon steel woks/pans.
- Turn down the temperature anytime the wok/frypan is too hot.
Avoid high heat
The non-stick layer could be damaged by high heat, just as with other non-stick cookware. Proper heating and maintenance are needed for a consistent performance.
Test and experiment. Please us know if you need further assistance anytime.
Here is the user guide provided by Cookcell Australia.