Premium Kishu Binchotan Japanese White Charcoal for Konro Grill - 15KG Pack
Made in Japan Binchotan
Traditionalists consider only binchotan produced in Kishu, Tosa, and Hyuga as authentic binchotan. Their density and thermal power are significantly different.
Premium Kishu Binchotan: 15kg Pack - Made in Japan
Binchotan charcoal from the Kishu province of Japan (紀州備長炭), also known as Wakayama white charcoal, is the premium version of Japanese white charcoal. Some people use it as a water purifier.
Traditionalists always insist that only binchotan produced in the following regions of Japan can truly be called binchotan:
- Kishu (Wakayama)
- Tosa (Kochi)
- Hyuga (Miyazaki)
The difference in results can be significant. Always ask where your binchotan was produced if it is not stated.
Binchotan: what makes it special?
What is Kishu Binchotan?
The Kishu is also where binchotan originated in the 1600s. Some traditionalists believe only the white charcoal made of the oak trees in Wakayama Prefecture in Kishu could be called binchotan. It is considered to be the top grade of binchotan.
In Japan, there are three major sources of premium binchotan white charcoal. They are Kishu binchotan (Wakayama), Tosa binchotan (Kochi) and Hyuga binchotan (Miyazaki).
Binchotan: Important Details & Precautions
- 15KG pack is the original package in a carton and has at least 15KG of charcoal. All orders will be posted with care.
- We are unable to ship charcoal products to New Zealand.
- We do not accept returns or exchanges of charcoal products.
- Be sure to read the entire user guide before using the product. It must be used outdoors. Keep it out of the reach of children.
Shipping with Care
- Origin: All products shipped from our Sydney shop.
- Speed: Dispatched within 1-2 working days
- Carrier: Australia Post or Express Post available at checkout.
- Packing Care: Fragile items packed securely. Learn how we ensure your items' safety. Shipping damage covered for all orders.
- Free Shipping: Enjoy free shipping on all orders over $99!
DISCLAIMER: Charcoal is a natural product that demands careful handling both during use and storage. It is especially crucial to be cautious while lighting it, as sparks may fly. Keep the product away from children.
COPYRIGHT WARNING: Content theft of any kind is immediately reported to Google, which results in ranking penalties. Original texts can be verified in internet archives. My Cookware Australia® holds the copyrights for all the content on this site, including articles, product descriptions, and user guides.