Okunoto Japanese Konro Grill - Medium 54cm (4-8 People)
Free Japanese BBQ Recipes
Receive your exclusive set of 4 Japanese BBQ recipes with every purchase.
Japanese Premier Konro Grills / Hibachi Grill - Medium 54cm (4-8 People) with Optional Wood Board
Okunoto konro grills, commonly referred to as hibachi grills and often showcased on Australian cooking shows, are crafted using high-quality diatom mud from Japan's Okunoto peninsula.
This material, known for its excellent insulation properties, allows the grill to perform better than many other grills that use subpar ceramics.
Key benefits of the Okunoto konro grills include:
- Consistent heat distribution for even cooking
- Excellent heat retention extending the duration of grilling sessions
- Ability to achieve core temperatures of up to 1200 degrees
- Optional wooden base available
For optimal results with this grill, it's recommended to use approximately 2kg of binchotan Japanese white charcoal per barbeque session.
Japanese Grills: Collection, Insights, and Shipping
Due to the limited production of Okunoto konro grills, availability can fluctuate. If the item is out of stock, we encourage you to contact us to join our waiting list.
When compared to many brands, Okunoto grills stand out in quality and performance. For longevity, store your grill in a dry, indoor setting.
Made in Japan
- Shipping to New Zealand is unavailable for this grill.
- Returns are not accepted for Okunoto konro grills due to their delicate nature.
|Dimension||L54cm x W23cm x H21cm|
||2 reusable Japanese grill mesh - standard 27cm
or 1 reusable Japanese grill mesh - medium 50cm included.
You can buy spare reusable grill meshes on our website.
|Serving size||4-8 persons|
||Border: stainless steel
Body: diatom mud
Mesh: steel wire (unichrome plated)
|Country of origin||Grill made in Japan
Mesh made in China
What Made Okunoto Konro Grills / Hibachi Grills So Special?
- Okunoto konro grills are frequently seen in cooking competitions. Popular in Japanese barbeque restaurants.
- Uses diatom mud from the Noto Peninsula in Ishikawa Prefecture.
- Diatom mud is an excellent heat insulator. Walls of the grill are over 5cm thick.
- When used with binchotan, the heat is high, consistent, and concentrated. Provides an exceptional barbeque experience.
- Suitable for grilling wagyu, yakitori, fish, vegetables, and various barbeque recipes.
Shipping with Care
- Origin: All products shipped from our Sydney shop.
- Speed: Orders dispatched next working day.
- Carrier: Australia Post or Courier Please available at checkout.
- Packing Care: Fragile items packed securely. Learn how we ensure your items' safety. Shipping damage covered for all orders.
- Note: We are unable to ship this item to New Zealand due to its fragility.
Use and Maintenance
- Avoid carbon monoxide poisoning. Always grill outdoors in well-ventilated areas.
- Take proper care to extinguish the fire. Do not use water. If water is absorbed, diatom mud becomes brittle. It will also lose its durability.
- When cleaning the grill, do not use water. Instead, gently remove the ash and food residue.
Please be sure to read the entire instruction manual before the first use. The product comes with a QR Code for our online user guide in English.
DISCLAIMER: Charcoal is a natural product that demands careful handling both during use and storage. It is especially crucial to be cautious while lighting it, as sparks may fly. Keep the product away from children.
COPYRIGHT WARNING: Content theft of any kind is immediately reported to Google, which results in ranking penalties. Original texts can be verified in internet archives. My Cookware Australia® holds the copyrights for all the content on this site, including articles, product descriptions, and user guides.