Sakai Takayuki 45 Layer Damascus Japanese Chef Knife 210mm
AUS10 (440 series) refers to excellent steel that is comparable with VG-10. They are both high carbon stainless steels with a bit of vanadium in the mix. If you prefer sharpness, AUS-10 and VG10 is a very good choice.
The blade is made of 45 layers of Damascus steel at the hardness of 60 HRC.
- Model: 07255
- Blade:Blade: 45 layers Damascus hammered stainless steel with AUS-10 core
- Handle: Octagonal Walnut Wood
- Product type: Chef's Knife or Gyuto Knife
- Country of origin: Japan
- Total length: 210mm / 362mm with blade
- Item weight (approx): 138g
- Blade thickness: 2mm