Okunoto Japanese Konro Grill - Wide Medium 47cm (4-8 People)
The Japanese Konro grills are great because the specially designed insulating material helps reflect heat back into the grill to maintain a consistent temperature. The grill's insulation capabilities lower the heat emitted during barbecue, and the exterior remains cool.
Food cooked on the grill is very satisfying.
The Okunoto Konro Grill is one of the best Japanese Konro grills made in Japan.
The diatom mud from the Noto Peninsula of Ishikawa Prefecture is an excellent insulator, which is able to reflect heat back onto the cooking surface. The walls are over 5cm thick and keep the exterior relatively cool.
The Okunoto Konro Grill is an excellent choice for grilling wagyu, yakitori, fish and vegetables.
- Material: Natural Japanese diatom mud
- 1 reusable wide medium grill net (45cm x 30cm) included.
- The natural diatom mud means there are no harmful substances.
- For outdoor use only or in a commercial kitchen under appropriate strong extraction.
- L47cm x W35cm x H21cm. Serves 4-8 people.
- Weight: 14kg
- Model number: BQ12
Use and Care:
- Use the grill outdoors in well-ventilated areas to avoid potential carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Place a heat resistant mat under the grill to avoid heating the surface underneath.
- Do not extinguish the fire with water. Diatom mud absorbs water, and as a result, it becomes brittle and loses its durability.
- You may gently remove the ash and food residue, but avoid washing the grill with water.
Differences between Konro, Hibachi and Shichirin:
- In Japan you won't hear the term Hibachi used for a grill. The Japanese prefer the terms Shichirin or Konro.
- The Hibachi (Japanese: 火鉢, "fire bowl") refers to traditional Japanese heating device. The Shichirin is a small charcoal grill.
- Konro are made from diatomite (the fossilized remains of plankton) and mined traditionally by hand in Japan. The blocks are joined together without the use of mortar, for a stronger, tighter and more fire resistant finish. The Konro is then baked at 1,000 degrees for six hours making them extremely durable.
Users may simply place the binchotan white charcoal into an Donabe Charcoal Extinguishing Pot.
Warranty: The replacement warranty is for defective products upon delivery, but no warranty is provided.
*Please be sure to read the entire instruction manual before the first use. The product comes with a QR Code for our online user guide in English.