Roasted Cochujang Chicken by Happycall Double Pan
You will need: Happycall Double Pans.
Using the Happycall double pan, Dan @mumum_food created a delicious Roasted Cochujang Chicken.
Gochujang (고추장) is a sort of Korean red chili paste. It is savory, sweet, and spicy. It is popular in Korean cuisine. It contains chili powder, glutinous rice, fermented soybean powder, barley malt powder, and salt.
The following is a list of ingredients in his recipes. You may refer to the video for step by step instructions.
- 1 whole chicken
- 2 onions
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup jujubes
- 3 tbsp Cochujang
- 1 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp black vinegar
- Mix together all marinade ingredients and set aside.
- Cut chicken into 2, 4 or 8 pieces.
- Marinade chicken pieces, cover and rest in the fridge for 20 minutes to 2 hours.
- Cook chicken pieces in a Happycall double pan on medium heat with olive oil drizzling over them.
- Close the double pan, turn the heat to medium, and cook for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Prepare the onion and garlic by peeling and roughly chopping them.Turn the chicken pieces over in the double pan.
- Add the garlic, onions, and jujubes. Close the pan and cook for further 10 minutes.
- Make sure the chicken is evenly coloured on both sides, and turn it if needed.
- Serve with something pickled or sour. Hope you enjoy!
- Remember a reasonably heated cookware and heated oil (not overheating) are key.
- Users will need basic cooking techniques and common sense (understanding of proper heat control, knowing how to check the food periodically, and so on).
- Heat level, Please note that the heat levels shown below are for general reference only. Every cooktop is different. The following ranges apply if 10 is the maximum.
- Low heat: the heat level is 1-2.
- Medium low heat: the heat level is 3-4.
- Medium heat: the heat level is 5.
- Medium high heat: the heat level is 7-8.
- High heat: the heat level is 9-10.
Click here to see all Happycall double pans.
COPYRIGHT WARNING: Content theft of any kind is immediately reported to Google, which results in ranking penalties. Original texts can be verified in internet archives. My Cookware Australia® holds the copyrights for all the content on this site, including articles, product descriptions, and user guides.