Okunoto Japanese Konro Grill - Medium 54cm Starter Set (4-8 People)
About Okunoto Japanese Konro Grill / Hibachi Grill - Medium 54cm Starter Set (4-8 People)
The Okunoto Konro Grill Starter set includes:
- 1 Okunoto Japanese Konro Grill - Medium 54cm (4-8 People)
- 1 Tosa Binchotan Japanese White Charcoal 2kg Pack
- 2 Reusable Konro Grill Mesh 27cm
- 3 Pearl Life Premium Stainless Steel Skewers (Pack of 5)
Okunoto konro grills are renowned as the best konro grills in Japan. A konro grill is always called a hibachi grill in Australia.
- View the entire collection of Japanese grills.
- Interesting read: Why not call Japanese BBQ grills hibachi grills?
These konro grills are unique because they use diatom mud from Noto Peninsula combined with traditional techniques from Okunoto. This grill is perfect with binchotan, a Japanese white charcoal. The core temperature can reach up to 1200 degrees.
The exterior will remain relatively cool due to excellent heat insulation. The high and consistent heat will make your BBQ/barbeque experience exceptional.
Okunoto konro grills are very limited in production. Therefore, the item will be sold out and back in stock from time to time. The Japanese manufacturer does not want to sacrifice quality in order to increase production. Please contact us if the item is not in stock so we can place you on a waiting list.
Okunoto grills offer superior quality and performance than many other brands. Maintain the grill in a dry indoor environment and it will last for many years.
Made in Japan.
- We are unable to ship the grill to New Zealand.
- We do not accept returns of Okunoto konro grills due to their fragile nature.
|Dimension||L54cm x W23cm x H21cm|
||2 reusable Japanese grill mesh - standard 27cm
or 1 reusable Japanese grill mesh - medium 50cm included.
You can buy spare reusable grill meshes on our website.
|Serving size||4-8 persons|
||Border: stainless steel
Body: diatom mud
Mesh: steel wire (unichrome plated)
|Country of origin||Grill made in Japan
Mesh made in China
What made Okunoto konro grills / hibachi grills so special?
Sometimes you can see Okunoto konro grills used in cooking competitions. These grills are also popular in Japanese barbeque restaurants.
The primary reason is the use of diatom mud from the Noto Peninsula of Ishikawa Prefecture. The Diatom mud from the Noto Peninsula is a great heat insulator, reflecting heat back onto the cooking surface. The walls are over 5cm thick.
Using the Okunoto konro grill with binchotan, the heat will be high, consistent, and concentrated. The result will be an exceptional barbeque experience.
The konro grill is a good choice for grilling wagyu, yakitori, fish, vegetables and many other barbeque recipes.
Use and maintenance
- Avoid carbon monoxide poisoning. Always grill outdoors in well-ventilated areas.
- Take proper care to extinguish the fire. Do not use water. If water is absorbed, diatom mud becomes brittle. It will also lose its durability.
- When cleaning the grill, do not use water. Instead, gently remove the ash and food residue.
The differences between konro grill and hibachi grill:
- In Japan, hibachis are not really used for grilling.
- A hibachi is a small indoor heater. It is called fire bowl (火鉢) in Japanese.
- See the package of the popular Okunoto Japanese grill. You will see 炭火バーベキューコンロ. This translates as "charcoal barbecue konro."
- Japanese grills are known as konro grills. There are no hibachi grills in Japan.
- We are unable to ship this item to New Zealand due to its fragility.
- Please be sure to read the entire instruction manual before the first use. The product comes with a QR Code for our online user guide in English.
COPYRIGHT WARNING: Content theft of any kind is immediately reported to Google, which results in ranking penalties. Original texts can be verified in Internet archives. My Cookware Australia® holds the copyrights for all the content on this site, including articles, product descriptions, and user guides.